Saturday, July 25, 2009

Welcome to The Catholic Investor!



Welcome!
Hello!  Welcome to my blog!  If you are an investor (or someone aspiring to be an investor) who wants to learn more about the world of investing, you're in the right place.  If you are also looking for ways to invest ethically, you are in a "righter" place.  As someone who is trying to live as an authentic Catholic, I strive to invest ethically and responsibly.  I will explore the many issues on the ethics of investing and building wealth.

Having said all that, I also want to stress that investing ethically will, by no means, hamper your success in the stock market.  I will share with you the experience I have gained through my own investing and also through the perspective of an engineer, which is my primary profession.  I will show you strategies that are backed by data and statistics.  You will learn how to beat the market year after year!


Without further ado, jump right to my posts.  Here's just a few of them!  Remember to follow me too!
My Latest Posts - Check out the latest posts on the blog.
Can a Catholic Be Wealthy? - The title explains it all...this is the first part of a 4-part series on the topic
Rule #1 - The Book That Energized Me - How it all happened, my investing "conversion" that is.  This is a book I would recommend to every beginner investor.
Sustainable Investing: Solar Energy - One way of investing ethically is to invest in renewable energy.  Come take a look at my take on the solar photovoltaics industry.
Catholic Retirement: Wisdom of the Proverbs - Most of us are not trying to make millions and millions and live like a king by investing in the stock market; we simply want to ensure a worry-free retirement.  I provide a retirement planner for you in this post.
It's Going to Be a Good Q3 Earnings Season - Want to know how an earnings season will go after only a few days into it?  Check out my way of forecasting the performance of companies in an earnings season.
At a Crossroads with Google - My own struggle with owning Google stock.
Spotting the Megatrends - Don't miss the megatrends if you want to make mega-money!
Is the Bull Market Over? - You will learn in this post how to discern whether a drop in the market signals the start of a bear market or just a correction?

4 comments:

  1. Hye,

    glad to see your blog.
    I'm new in investment and hope to learn more in your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rynax! Thanks for your comment and welcome! I hope my blog will be of help! Cheers!

    Felix

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Felix,

    I was praying to Saint Joseph that he would help me to find some good investing advice.

    You look to be an answer to those prayers.

    God Bless You and Your Loved Ones,
    In Jesus through Mary,
    :) Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne, you can always count on St. Joseph! I'm glad you found this blog helpful.

      Delete