Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Flurry of Activity

For those of you who don't know, I publish all of my trades on this page.  I don't show the number of shares, but I do show the price at which I bought/sold.  Recently, I've been busy buying and selling and my broker is loving it.  I've bought shares of Google (GOOG), First Solar (FSLR), Synaptics (SYNA), and sold some True Religion (TRLG) and Garmin (GRMN).  On the options side, I've sold uncovered puts for TRLG and SYNA, as I'm bullish on the stocks and wouldn't mind owning some more shares even if they got exercised.  As well, I sold some covered calls on TRLG, because I felt that the recent run up could lose some steam.  I could be wrong and the shares could be called away, but only after a 28% gain!  Either case, I'm a happy man!

I still haven't written about my case for Synaptics, but I hope to do it sometime within the next 2 weeks.  It just had a pretty impressive quarter and I'm hyped about this company.

3 comments:

  1. How about those earnings?? stock going crazy after hours. Thanks for pointing this stock out, may need to hire you as a financial advisor ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hamp, it does feel good to be vindicated! The most important lesson I have learned is not to buy all at once. I started buying TRLG when it was at $29, and kept buying all the way down to $19. If I had put all of my money in it at $29, I would only be breaking even now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a big fan of google this is a very popular stock. Its followed by so many in the investment community.

    ReplyDelete